Fortland route – 34 km
This cycle route takes you along the Muiderslot and the fortified towns of Naarden, Muiden and Weesp. On your way, you will also get to see Fort Werk IV in Bussum, Fort at the Ossenmarkt and Fort Uitermeer in Weesp and the Muizenfort (Fort of Mice) in Muiden. Together, they tell the tale of the New Dutch Waterline and the Defence Line of Amsterdam. In the fortified towns, there are plenty of cosy terraces, welcoming you to enjoy a drink and some food while you take in the surroundings.
- Muiden, Herengracht 33: you can take a boat trip to the fortified island of Pampus
- The Dutch Fortress Museum in Naarden, Westwalstraat 6 Naarden
Cafes, restaurants and terraces:
- The fortified towns of Naarden, Muiden and Weesp
- Fort Uitermeer, Uitermeer 3 Weesp
- Muiderslot, Herengracht 1 Muiden